What is World Vision?
World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
We pursue this mission through integrated, holistic commitment to:
- Transformational development that is community-based and sustainable, focused especially on the needs of children.
- Emergency relief that assists people afflicted by conflict or disaster.
- Promotion of justice that seeks to change unjust structures affecting the poor among whom we work.
- Partnerships with churches to contribute to spiritual and social transformation.
- Public awareness that leads to informed understanding, giving, involvement, and prayer.
- Witness to Jesus Christ by life, deed, word, and sign that encourages people to respond to the Gospel.
Team Oasis is mobilizing people together to walk or run to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene to communities. By providing clean water, this cuts the deaths of babies and children under the age 5 by 50 PERCENT! It also allows children to attend school and get an education rather than having to walk a far distance to get to water that is often dirty and diseased.
We will be walking and/or running in the Long Beach Marathon
on October 8th, 2017
to raise donations for clean water!
$50 gives clean water to a person for life. We have the opportunity to end the clean-water crisis in our lifetime. We as a church will work to raise $20,000 which will provide 400 children with clean water for life. Will you join us in changing the world from our backyard? Please register or donate by following the links below!
If you have any questions, please email
If you would like to join the team:
If you would like to donate to the cause:
SIGNING UP TODAY!
Violet is one of the many children who have lived life without clean water... because of our efforts and God's providence, that has changed.